Monday, November 22, 2021

Rocketship Games MMX Hawkeye, Finished


The stickers look good. They are thin so the edges aren't that noticeable.

I think the gray, white and black trim colors look good and were easier than masking a tiny rocket.

The two black launch lug "guns" are actually even, there is some camera distortion.
The kit supplies two "Hawkeye" name stickers, the Estes kit only had one. I applied one on each side.

In the Estes kit, the red square stickers go on the base of the nose cone. Stickers don't have much "give" and wouldn't probably conform to the NC taper so I set them back on the body tube.

I like MMX models. They are as big a build challenge as larger rockets and don't take up as much space in the Rocket Room between flights.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I built a pair of RG R3s and flew them in the backyard this summer - my first successful MMX flights and an absolute hoot! (The Quest Shuttle and Saturn V are not good flyers!) Great little kits though they’re 3FNC designs so I’m not sure I have the fine hand skills for the Hawkeye. Have you flown yours yet Chris?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Openroad,
      I've also purchased the R4 and R6 kits to build. You are right, the Quest MMX Saturn V and Shuttle aren't great flyers.
      I have launched the Hawkeye with great results. Stable with good altitude. I wish it had a streamer, but the tube is small. The original Estes kit was also a simple nose-blow recovery.

      Delete