Saturday, September 7, 2024

Enerjet by Aerotech, Astrobee D Build, Part 29, Oops!

I wanted to show the "Launch" version with the shiny aluminum wrap. 
The screws sticker strip was carefully removed.
    
It happens to all of us! I screwed up.
I don't think I've ever had a perfect finish. I know where the flaws are.

On the left you can see some rough finish with some white undercoat peeking through.

I held the upper body with a paper towel as I sprayed a dull coat acrylic onto the glossy gray. Some of that clear dull coat landed on the paper towel I was holding onto. It soaked into the paper towel and into the paint already on the tube.

After the clear coat dried, some light sanding followed with 800 grit.

I resprayed with what was left of the Tamiya International White. Let dry, lightly sand to help fill.
One more spray coat covered the mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment