Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Back Building!

I thought I had finished up the blog on June 30. I was going to build a few wooden ship models. 

Well, that didn't pan out - yet.
I'm back building a few rockets.
Did you ever sand off your fingertips? Ouch!

I found myself with more time on my hands than I wanted. I had plenty of time to practice Piano and Accordion but something was missing. I'm not one to sit on the couch and stare at the TV for hours and hours.

So - a compromise. I'll blog when a vendor kit is built. That'll still keep new products on the blog. Finished vendor models are sent back and won't fill my shelves with models that seldom fly!
After a build is completed, there may be a break until the next vendor build arrives.

I won't say what's coming up - yet. I am building something.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Chris! Just happened to look on the blog to read up on older posts. Glad to hear that you'll occasionally post new content! I also noticed that the Odd'l Rockets that were often out of stock are now easier to find, so it looks like you have been busy. Thank you for all your efforts for the model rocket community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see what you are building - whenever you feel like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see any new builds here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! You're back! Looking forward to your builds of the Piano rocket and the Accordion rocket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I feel for ya. I've sanded my fingertips till they bled before. Like the idea of posting when you finish a vendor model. A few building post is better than no post at all. We, really look up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! Can’t wait to see what’s on the workbench…

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris, that sounds like a plan! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been checking back now and then hoping something like this would happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Looking forward to anything you have to share! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Compromise is good. Welcome back Chris Ver 2,0. Steve in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  11. A tip for Chris:
    Take up playing the guitar. With regular daily practice you will build up thick fingertip calouses that are hard to sand off. This only works on the fretting hand, though.

    ReplyDelete