Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Occasional Post? A Lost Rocket Parachute?

I know I said the blog was "finished", but I might do some occasional posts or builds - Just not everyday!

This was too interesting to pass up.
When walking to check my mailbox, I saw something familiar in a planter. Red and white plastic.

Closer examination showed it was one of my Odd'l Rockets parachutes. What I found is on the left set next to a new parachute. It may have landed on a roof, eventually fell to the ground and was chewed up by a lawnmower.

It had to be from one of my "lost" models launched from the small schoolyard two streets to the West.
It seemed thinner than the original 1 1/2 mil plastic. It had started to degrade and felt thinner.

5 comments:

  1. He's back! Whoop. Glad to see you even it's just occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even occasional post are GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you. Wish I could find some of my lost rockets. Stay well and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great idea. Yours is a voice that doesn't need to be silenced. I, on the other hand........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see that you are back, Chris !!
    Deep down, I had the feeling that you wouldn't stay away for very long. You've got the 'blogger's blood', for sure.
    Look forward to seeing your newest offerings.

    ReplyDelete