Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Estes Mini Bertha Clone, #TK-3, Part 12, Finished



This was a fun little build. My original 1970s fleet had quite a few Mini-Brutes and this was a favorite.
The double layer decals got me close to the full black color density on the nose cone.







I tried to clean up the "bug" decal. In the original art the lettering was thicker and a bit hard to read.










This one represents the 1970s Estes décor. Many catalog  rockets then were only two colors, one fin and the nosecone the same color.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great. The decals really make the rocket. Fine job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris. I'm glad you haven't given up on the blog just yet. I'm enjoying the build threads of these smaller rockets. The hobby isn't as inexpensive as it used to be. Lately I have been flying more mini engine models because of the lower cost per launch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,
      I agree! Four motors for the price of three.
      With less access to and smaller launch fields, mini motor models are a good fit. Being so small, even my MicroMaxx flights look like they are getting good altitudes.
      Smaller models are easier to store, taking less room on a shelf.

      Delete