The engine hook retainer ring is rough with a wide seam that could be seen when painted.
I added a wrap of copy paper with a glue stick. This smooths out the surface and covers the seam spiral.
I sealed the surface with some CA glue wiped on with a Q-tip.
Notice the CA glue is not applied on the line where the vanes will be glued.
On the left is the glue applied to the vane root edge.
On the right is the same glue line after smoothing and removing the excess. This makes a cleaner glue line when the vane is pressed in place.
When setting the other four, you might want to rely on visual spacing instead of strict pencil lines. Even with my payloadbay.com marking guide, I found a visual spacing was closer to the truth.
On the left - Notice the fit of the two vanes that glue beside the engine hook. Over the engine hook, the retainer ring is raised.
On the right - The center notch was deepened with a diamond file to bring all three contact points onto the tube.
No comments:
Post a Comment