Thursday, March 4, 2021

Whoops! Airborne Surveillance Missile Follow-up

 A comment from Naoto K. - 
"Hmm.. just noticed something -- the old instructions I find on the JimZ site mention gluing pieces of dowel between the lower fins and the thick centering ring (at step 11 on the old instructions). Does the new version of instructions not have this detail?"

My response:
"The new instructions do have that step - I left it out. Not on purpose, I just wasn't paying attention!"



I looked up the older Airborne Surveilance Missile instructions (Old kit # 0867) on the JimZ website.
I probably would have noticed this in the older format - 
The illustration was much larger and it did say "Dowel".




Here's the step on the newer kit instructions. The illustration is smaller with less descriptive copy.

At the time I did wonder why I had a length of dowel left over when the build was finished. 
I honestly didn't notice that step in the instructions.


Am I going back, 
cutting dowels, 
fitting them, 
sealing, 
masking,
and repainting?

In a word . . . No.

No comments:

Post a Comment