Friday, January 12, 2024

Old Estes Postcards


If you were a Rocketeer in the late 1960s and early 1970s, you'll recognize these postcards.
In the barn at my Grandparents ranch, my Sister found a large metal drum full of my old comic books. These postcards were in with the comics.
In total, I counted 39 postcards. Five or more of each, only one of the Estes building.


I had entered the Design Of The Month a few times. Some cards were personalized. In addition to this postcard, I did get other letter correspondence from Avona O'Leary. She must have been responsible for all the last names that started with a "M".

I thought I had a real Bill Simon autograph. I had three of these. After comparing the signatures, I could see they were printed.

Sometimes a postcard was included with an order. You could also send a note and ask for a complete set. I must have done that a few times.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Did you ever win a DOM contest? Would be interesting to see some of your designs if you still have them. I had one I was going to enter but never got plans drawn up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave,
      No, I never won the D.O.M. contest. I did win the 1972 Centuri Photo (model design) Contest. That got me "in" with the Centuri group. First prize was a Rupp Scrambler mini bike. Details and picture are at the bottom of this blog article: https://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/p/contest-winning-tips.html

      Delete
  2. I would love to see the plans you presented!

    ReplyDelete