Sunday, March 17, 2013

No Launch! Saturday, March 16, 2013

I walked over to the soccer field about 7:00 a.m.
Here's what was waiting for me - Soccer players and sprinklers!
The parking lot was full of cars which leads me to believe the men on the field don't live in the neighborhood. If they lived here they would have walked to the park.

It's a resident use area, every homeowner pays monthly fees for the right  to use of the small park and field.
These teams have been asked to leave before. The maintenance men have told me that after a game they pick up food, empty bottles and diapers.
I wasn't going to tel tell them to get off "my" field to fly rockets.
Besides, the field was wet anyway.

The Tampa TTRA launch was today, but I decided not to go.
It's maddening to travel that far (Roger Smith usually drives) pay $5.00 launch fees when only two out of the four LPR launchers work. Sorry TTRA, that's just my 2 cents!
There are great people and it is a big field, tho - 

Another reason for not going to the TTRA launch, I'm leaving for a two week cruise on Sunday, March 17. Last year was a good one for work and shows, but my blog posts have been harder to keep up with. If I miss a blog post a day or two over the next two weeks it's because of the crappy ship internet connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment