Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Warped Part 1 Parts

I picked this one up at the February Orlando R.O.C.K. launch.
It's originally a Custom Rockets Zero Gravity kit.
I saw it in a "bargain box" at the jonrocket trailer for $5.00.

But, something was wrong - 
Take a look at the nose cone -
Somewhere down the line it was subjected to heat and warped!
The bend starts about halfway down the nose cone.

I showed it to Roger and he said: "$2.00!"
Heck, for the parts alone that's a great price. I bought it, warped nose cone and all.

The parts of interest:
Of course, the warped nose cone.
1/4" elastic shock cord seemed thick for a BT-50 based model.
The Die Cut balsa fins. (I thought all kits had laser cut fins these days.)

The other parts were of high quality, the BT-50 was better than many I've seen in recent Estes kits.
I like the Custom line of kits. Good quality at a reasonable price.
Now, what can I do with that nose cone?

1 comment:

  1. I have some thoughts about that warped nosecone, but I won't spoil it for the kiddies....

    ReplyDelete