Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Quest Falcon #Q1009 Build, Part 7, Removing The Bumps



This was a bit scary to start - but that rod bump wouldn't allow the sticker to fit smooth into the root edge. Shaving down the rods ended up being easier than I thought.
I shaved off the bump with a new, sharp #11 blade.
I use #11 blades for delicate cuts like this. The majority of my build cuts are done with a break-off blade knife. 


You only have to shave down the rods on two fin faces. Check the kit face card picture for the two fins that have the (root edge fit) stickers.

The inset picture shows one half side from the back of the fin can. Try to get the surface as smooth as you can.
On two of the four Quest builds,
I had already painted the fin cans white. I'd recommend cutting down the rods first - then spray paint the fin cans white.

Here I painted first, then shaved down the rods. That cut them right down through the yellow plastic.




I had to go back and touchup with gloss white.

The sticker will cover most of the touchup area.

No comments:

Post a Comment