Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Testor's Spray Paint Price Increase

 
On YORF, Bob Austin posted the bad news:
Testor's brand spray paints are increasing their retail price by 46%!
To see the video, CLICK HERE

I rarely use these paints unless I get stuck trying to match a color.
Results are usually better than what I can find at the Hardware Store. I was always surprised how much coverage I got out of such a small can. I sprayed the large The Launch Pad Pershing with a 3 oz. can of Olive Drab.

The Model Masters line was discontinued. Too bad, it was nice to have a good selection of flat finish colors when needed.

Would I pay $12.00 for a 3 oz. can of paint? $4.00 for a tiny bottle of brush paint?
If you know me - It's a big NO!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    Such is the story these days for most products on the shelf. To be honest my experience with Testor's spray paint hasn't been good. Less popular brands I've used have actually been better quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to find Tamiya the big winner here. I don't get as good a coverage at with Testor's, but the color range is far better now and they will be roughly half the price of Testor's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the other day I'd popped into a gaming shop. While browsing around, I spotted the rack of paints (for painting gaming figures). Each bottle of paint (which didn't seem much bigger than a Pactra or Testors bottle) were around $6.95 -- yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naoto,
      Looking back - Hard to believe those small little bottles of paint were 10 or 15 cents when I was a kid.

      Delete