Sunday, June 18, 2023

NewWay Angled Invader, Part 10, Rib Gluing & Nose Cone Details




Set the rib over its position on the wing and mark the glue area with pencil.



Every time I've built an Alien Invader model I applied glue all the way down the root edge out of habit.
Glue is only needed on the upper and lower ends - not in the middle.










Here's how the wings look, ready to be glued onto the main  body tube.
The "H" Assembly Guide helps hold and position side window detail pieces. Be sure the horizontal strut of the nose guide has the two laminated layers.

Before gluing, sand the bottoms of the detail pieces flat.

I did my standard CA method - 
Squeeze out a drop of CA onto some scrap cardboard.
Dip a toothpick into the drop of glue.
Run the wet glued toothpick tip around the outside edges of the detail piece.
 



The screw eye is turned into the hole in the base of the 3D printed nose cone.

It felt too tight and I didn't want to risk cracking the attachment point. I widened the hole with a small rat tail diamond file.
The screw eye has a better fit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment