Saturday, June 17, 2023

NewWay Angled Invader, Part 9, Rib Positioning

Here's how the Guide "G" fits onto the wing and helps align the smaller ribs. The tabs set over the sides of the G piece and hold it on the face of the wing. 
This entire post is dry fits - no glue yet.

I found I had to widen the slots for an easier fit of the ribs.

The instructions say the front tip of the ribs are 3/6" back from the leading edge of the wing.
With the rib set all the way back into the slot, the front of the ribs barely overlap the wing.







I checked the older Estes instructions.
The front of the ribs are farther ahead than the above picture shows.





Still no glue - 

I slid the ribs a little forward until the front tip was about at the halfway point. This gave me more gluing area under the "floating" rib.

No comments:

Post a Comment