Saturday, February 1, 2014

Estes Hornet Build Part 10, Decal Fix and Finished



I added a tapered black strip to the top side of the thin band to match the 3/32" fin thickness.
The Centuri logo replaced the Estes logo like the first run of the kit.











A classic clean design with a long history.
First, a Centuri branded kit using Estes BT tubing. Then out of production.
Semroc released their version of the Magnum Hornet without the stylized hornet "bug" at the top of the decal.
Finally, re-released as a Classic kit with the Estes name.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Job!

    I noticed some differences while I was working on my .ork of the Centuri Magnum Hornet (5341). I noticed that, based on the scans of the decal sheet found on JimZ's site, the black band decal behind the fins wasn't included. To further confuse things, it was seen with the band in the 1981 and 1983 catalogs, but not in the 1982 catalog. I also noticed that there was no mention of the black band in the instructions from JimZ's site.

    The original Hornet also used the PNC-55AC nosecone, whereas the Estes re-release uses the PNC-55AO nosecone.

    ReplyDelete