Friday, April 11, 2014

In The Trash!

Ever build a model and not want to waste another engine on it?

This saucer flew only once.
Wasted some foam board and an C6 engine. It was stable but didn't get enough altitude to be worth the effort.
This model was drawn up for practice the new Corel Draw software.
The model sat for a year and was tossed.

I bought and built this one out of curiosity,
the Sunward Space Speedster.
My gripes - 
The fin gluing tabs didn't cover the positioning marks on the body shroud.
A rear eject model with a (too large to pack) 18" parachute.
The model descends with the pointed nose cone facing down. How long would that pointed card stock last?
The white foam board was exposed on the leading and trailing fin edges.
Maybe I got a bad run?
Flown once, sat for a year then tossed.

I've got a few plastic Quest MMX models that I won't waste engines on.
Some are unstable or don't get above 25 feet.
I haven't thrown those away - yet.

2 comments:

  1. Estes Cosmos Mariner was one of mine... It flew (poorly) twice, crashing on the second flight. It's since been repaired, but I'm not going to waste another D12 on that pig...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,
    I always wanted to build and fly the Cosmos Mariner but after reading too many bad flight results I decided against it. Somewhere there is a video of a successful good C.M. flight.

    ReplyDelete