Sunday, April 6, 2014

MPC Vostok Finished!




To be honest, this one was a disappointment.
The plastic central core halves were badly molded.
The fit of the booster halves was poor.
The capsule will probably break apart on landing.
The nose section shoulder is too loose.
You'll be lucky to pack and have the 20" parachute eject.
My finished weight with no engine is 4.27 oz.!
4 oz. is the maximum weight for a C6 engine.
(I know - I could use a composite D)
This one will probably end up a shelf queen.
Considering the original model was released in the early 1970s, it's a good piece of scale work. I doubt the Russians were handing out scale information back then.
I hope the reissue kits are better molded.

2 comments:

  1. No, the reissued models are not better molded...but you've managed to put some very nice lipstick on a pig.
    Now I'm very nervous about flying mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I was thinking the plastic had warped over time, but the model was never exposed to extreme heat when in storage.
    I'd be nervous about flying the Vostok again! I wouldn't recommended it.

    ReplyDelete