Thursday, April 3, 2014

MPC Vostok Build, Part 10, Paint and Glue




I should have glued these smaller pieces on before painting!
There are four of the smaller triangular pieces right above the tower. I could only find two in the box!
I'll leave them off. This model has been a pain to build and I don't feel it's worth making new pieces from scratch.
According to the Peter Alway ROTW book -
The wide strip in the mid section is painted olive drab.
The MPC kit includes red decals to make the overall white Vostok that is on display at the Cosmos Pavillion in Moscow.

I sprayed some of the Testor's Master Modeler paint in a disposable cup and rolled the paint on the raised line with a Q-tip.
It's not perfect but good enough for this one.

I can already tell the finished model might be heavy using a C6-3 engine.

There are no locking "pins" or ridge when gluing the capsule on top. It has already popped off when the small detail pieces (first picture) were glued on. I'm concerned it'll be lost at ejection.

No comments:

Post a Comment