Tuesday, March 14, 2023

New Way N-21 Sky Fighter Build, Part 10, Decals, Final Fillets, Ready For Paint




I did make a few changes to the decals. 
There is nothing wrong with the kit decals. I just printed up some minor changes.

The U.S. Square Force name decals looked a bit small. 

On top are the kit supplied two sets of decals.
A real plus! I've never seen two complete sets of decals included in a kit.

Below the kit decals are the U.S. Square Force decals I printed up, the name is about 1/4" wider.

I made some hatch decals using a thinner outline.



After the first white coat, I noticed some air bubbles in the fillets. 
More glue, sanding and more white paint.


Here's the model after sanding down some glue boogers. 

TIP: I did an overall light sand (800 grit) being careful not to go through to the tube or balsa. This helps get a smoother final finish on the final, heavier spray coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment