Sunday, March 12, 2023

New Way N-21 Sky Fighter Build, Part 8, Filler & Glue Fillets



I did get a good fit of the wing edges at the top.

I still brushed on a line of CWF to fill any gaps.
This was sanded with 400 grit on a block.


At the front and rear of the wing center joints I did use some CWF applied with a knife blade.
This was carefully sanded.

There's a bubble in the left side fillet needing one more pass of wood glue.



I didn't do glue fillets all the way around.
On these square tubes, they are very slightly bowed out on the flat sides.

Making smooth, bubble free fillet would take many passes of wood glue.




Here's the fillets on the rear top.











I didn't do glue fillets on the underside of the wings.  
The gaps were pretty wide. 

Even using Titebond Quick and Thick this would be a tough fillet to lay and smooth without bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment