Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Estes Tech Pak Build Part 5, Engine Mount, Shock Cord and Parachute


The engine mount construction is standard.
There is not engine block above the engine.

Even though I rolled the orange tube as tight as I could, the mount fit was loose.
The wide green centering ring got 1 1/2 wraps of copy paper for a better fit.
I don't normally use a tri-fold mount but I wanted to build this one stock.

On the left I'm pre-rolling the mount to an arc shape to better fit the inside of the rolled tube.
The nose cone was also too loose. The shoulder got a wrap of masking tape.



The parachute is pre-assembled.
I hadn't seen this print before, it reminds me of Spider Man.
The shroud lines were tied too tight and have torn into the reinforcement disks.

No comments:

Post a Comment