Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Clay Weight Consumers - Beware!

I ran out of clay weight when bagging up the Odd'l Rockets Little Green Man and Pigasus kits. So, off to the Dollar Store I go.
No luck at the Dollar Store, no luck at Staples. I went to Michael's with a 50% off coupon pulled up  my smart phone.

$8.00 for modeling clay? The 50% off coupon made it easier. It's Crayola brand, a name we've all trusted since we were kids.
2 pounds of clay cut into 1/2 oz chunks would be enough for 64 kits. A 1/2 oz. of clay would cost .0625 cents per kit.
On the right is the top of the clay box showing the orientation of the clay blocks inside.



Look what I found inside!
It certainly didn't look like the box top!

It is still 2 pounds of clay, the packaging is just deceptive. I might send these pictures to Consumer Reports for the inside back cover copy called "Selling It."

No comments:

Post a Comment