Sunday, April 25, 2021

Oh, My Achin' Back!

My new rule - 
"Don't help that neighbor move a King Size mattress into her house."

I didn't think it was going to be a problem, then I noticed the mattress didn't have those handling "ropes" on the side. There was nothing to grab onto. I carried the brunt of the load. I got the mattress into the front room but told her I couldn't risk taking it up the stairs.
I'm in the process of painting all the interior walls of my townhouse. My back didn't seize up until the evening when moving things in the Rocket Room. I wanted to paint that final wall behind the rocket shelves.

If you don't see a post in the next few days, there's a reason.
If I sit down at the computer, I might not be able to get up! Good thing I didn't put away the clean underwear in the dryer. I won't be going upstairs for a day or two.

One of my long rocket painting dowels has been repurposed with a wrap of tape on the end, sticky side out. If I drop something small I can pick it up.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely take it easy, Chris. As I know all to well, if you don't take care of your back, you will pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Chris, sorry to hear about your back. Take it easy as much as you can.
    A little mattress moving trick I learned from an acquaintance who is a professional mover: use a towel or a piece of rope that you can slip under the edge of the upright mattress like a sling. You can then grip the ends of the sling on both sides of the mattress to pick it up and carry it. This takes two people, one on each end. It works very well, even going around corners and on stairways. But, like you said, you may want to avoid moving mattresses altogether in the future...take care!

    ReplyDelete