Saturday, September 18, 2021

Estes Super Mars Snooper #7309, Build Part 7, Lug Hole Adjustments



One of my Super Mars Snooper kits was pre-production, some little changes were made before the final kit was released.
I received two different sets of laser cut centering rings. One was cut for a 1/8" launch lug, the other was cut for the final 3/16" lug size. I had to enlarge the 1/8" diameter hole. 


I filed down the edge of a 3/16" brass tube to a fairly sharp edge.

This was used to cut a new, wider hole in the smaller 1/8" size rings.
Center, press and turn the sharpened tube until it cuts through.




A half round diamond file was used to get the 3/16" lug fit to a good friction fit.




One of my shrouds was cut for the 1/8" lug size.
The 3/16" correct shroud was placed over the smaller shroud and the oval trace with a sharp pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment