Saturday, September 25, 2021

Estes Super Mars Snooper #7309, Build Part 14, Fitting The Vanes


The fit of my vanes wasn't great.
I had to go back, sand and re-fit the root edges of all eight vanes.
On the left is the before, on the right after fitting.

I marked each position line and the root edge of each fitted vane.




This picture shows the pencil marks on the root edges.

I was building three kits - All the vanes were a little different and I didn't want to lose track of their individual (best fitting) positions.






After all the fitting - 
The top corner of the vanes didn't reach the lip of the upper shroud. Ack!
This led to more sanding of the outside edge to get the tops to match up to the edge of the bottom shroud.
The sanding removed the filler/primer and CWF grain fill. More CWF!





After the CWF was sanded down, the fins were taped with the outside edge facing up for a spray of filler/primer and more sanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment