Saturday, March 23, 2024

Estes Skytracer Clone #1361 Build, Part 8, Filler/Primer & Dowel Detail



After sanding smooth the CWF - 
The wing fins, standoffs, launch lug and standoffs were taped to scrap cardboard and sprayed with filler/primer.









After drying and before sanding - 
You can see some dulled areas of the balsa needed another shot of filler/primer.




The wing fins were glued onto the main airframe tube.

I thought the dowel went all the way from the engine tube to the outside edge of the fin rear. But - 

The dowel end is about 3/8" from the outside edge. I checked the instruction drawing this time.

2 comments:

  1. "I thought the dowel went all the way from the engine tube to the outside edge of the fin rear." I'm sorry. This does not make sense to me. Why not even?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,
      I agree, why not even? I was trying to follow the instructions. I already screwed up with the vertical stabilizer fin. That was supposed to "float" over the engine mount tube a little under 1/16".

      Delete