Thursday, December 16, 2010

LAUNCH! 12/15/10 Follow-up!


I could clearly see the back yard where the upper half of the Cyclone had landed.
I typed up a letter and left it at the front door of the house.

Tonight while driving home I got a call. The caller, Louis, said he found it in his back yard. He told me to come by tonight and pick it up.

I rang the doorbell and heard a dog. I had visions chewed balsa and cardboard.

Louis came to the door and handed me the upper half of the rocket. It was in new shape! It looked like it hadn't been launched. There was no ejection charge burns around the vent hole and no charring of the fins.
There is only slight burns on the rear of the lower stabilizer fin unit at the rear root edges. The masking tape wrap over the coupler had a blackened edge.

I explained a little about the model and the maple seed recovery.
I thanked him and shook his hand. In rocketry you lose a few, this was one I was glad to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment