Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mars Snooper Build Part 13 Low Shroud #3

Shroud #3 is slid on from the bottom.
If you have a tight fit around the BT-20 motor tube it may be hard to slide on.

It's not in the instructions, but I added a thin 2050 ring inside the shroud and over the 20 tube for strength. It'll also help keep the shroud round.

If you use a ring, sand the edges to the angle of the shroud sides so it won't bulge the card stock when pressed in place.


Here's all three shrouds and long lug in place.

The original kit supplied a 5" long launch lug.
I used a 3" lug I had. A three inch long lug will work, but there isn't much to trim off when it is flush with the bottom shroud.

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell exactly what you purchased for the "Card Stock"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my 110 lb. card stock from Wal Mart, it's Georgia Pacific in the yellow wrap. Each package contains 150 sheets.

      Delete