Friday, April 12, 2013

Upper Body Painting TIP

I had to make a painting wand to re-spray the upper body tube of the Cosmic Explorer. But how could I hold onto the body tube and nose cone to paint it black?

TIP: On the left is one of my painting wands (nothing more than a engine casing on a dowel) wrapped with masking tape. The tape is sticky side out.

The inset picture shows the wand stuck inside the upper body tube.
You have to carefully press the tape (and casing underneath) onto the inside of the body tube wall.

Be careful - the sticky tape won't give a very secure hold! But, it should be enough to spray the tube and nose cone. Just be careful not to turn the tube upside down or bump it against anything. It could come loose.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chris! Still loving the blog! Question about your painting tip. Have you tried the rolled news paper trick? I use it all the time. Would send you a couple pics of how I do it but I don't know how to add them to this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vigilante,
    Oh sure, I've used the rolled up newspaper to hold a body tube. I just didn't have any newspaper and grabbed what was handy.

    ReplyDelete