Saturday, June 22, 2013

Custom PONG Build Part 8, Fillet Fixes



This is a tough model to spray evenly.
There are too many nooks and crannies!

I did have to go back and smooth out some of the Titebond M&TG fillets.


The ping pong ball is glued in place using a hot glue gun.

I did my best to make a clean joint with the glue gun but after painting the joint didn't look good.
This is a tight joint, you'd never get your finger in there to smooth out a fillet.




Titebond M&TG was applied and the fillet smoothed with a Q-tip.








After painting the end result is much better.

2 comments:

  1. ARGH! My kit had two different sized tube connectors...a JT-5 which fit, and a JT-20 which is 1/8" OVERSIZED. Can't complete the assembly of the nose cone without it! Package says "1 Year Warranty". How do I take advantage of that? (NOTE: If the dummy rocket tube L is inserted and removed in one smooth operation, you MIGHT salvage enough of it to replace the missing JT-5. But like Builder/Review Dwight at RocketReviews, I had to shred mine with needle-nose pliers to get it out-- essential to save your model if you are going to insert motors and actually fly it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on TRF that Custom is sending out replacement parts. Most parts in the Custom kits are fine, but the thin yellow BT-50 tubes in this kit were pretty bad and didn't fit the centering rings well.
      That's interesting that two people have had problems with the engine block setting tube. I didn't have a problem with installing the engine block, but I may have used an old engine casing instead.

      Delete