Sunday, October 22, 2017

Estes Curvilinear #3231, Build, Parts 11, Kit Name Decal

If you've followed the blog, you know I don't normally include the Estes name decals. Everybody at a club launch knows who sold the kit. The only time I use a company logo is on a OOP clone model, like a Centuri kit.


Notice the difference in the width of the kit decal against the decal on the face card. The face card decal (maybe prototype build picture?) isn't as long.

When I worked at the print shop I spent a lot of time on a phototypesetting machine. I learned proper letter spacing and how to set type on a curve.  

 
On the left, look at how the C and U but up against each other. The C isn't following the curve of the set letters.
The C was cut off and placed so it better followed the flow of the line. This decal lettering probably wouldn't bother anybody else, just me!

1 comment: