Sunday, October 29, 2017

Headband Light Tool TIP



I know, not much of a Halloween costume . . . yep, that's me - 

Here's a tool I hadn't used before tonight.
I bought this headband light a year ago at Home Depot. It seemed like something I'd use if the power went out in a hurricane.
I'm cutting out some custom centering rings for a future blog build. (Any guesses what model it is?)

My work area seemed a little dark so I tried the headband light.
The picture on the right shows the difference. The extra directed light really helped!

5 comments:

  1. One of the best purchases you can make, especially if you need to do a repair at night. Keeps both hands free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... now you've piqued my curiosity. So what model is this offset centering ring for? Maybe a Shrox design with offset mitered tubes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BAR,
      Not a Shrox design. He does use this type of offset centering rings though -

      Delete
  3. I am going to guess a Estes Star Speeder ? If not you should !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Moontana -
      You got it right! It's the Star Speeder!
      The build will be on the blog in a few weeks.

      Delete