Friday, February 16, 2018

ASP D Region Tomahawk Build, Part 10, More Masking

A brown band goes on the base of the nose cone, 7/32" above the  shoulder lip.

On the left the nose cone has been lightly marked with pencil in four locations around the nose cone. I use more than one single mark, it makes alignment of the tape line much easier.

To the right is the Scotch tape mask and brown tape above and below it.





The only drag of this kit was I had to buy a can of brown spray paint! I've never used brown on a model before.

Yes, I know, it should all be flat paint.

2 comments:

  1. Chris,
    For something this small, have you considered painting the bands with brush paint? With a good brush, light pressure and the right loading of paint, it should self level and hide the brush marks. Saves money too.
    BTW eagerly looking forward to how you handle the nose cone tip. Want to pick up a pointer or two. Laters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BAR,
      I've never been able to get a smooth brush job. I'll also get much cleaner lines using Scotch tape. More on the nose cone tip in a future post. Sorry, no tips on that, my NC tip didn't turn out as good!

      Delete