Monday, February 19, 2018

ASP D Region Tomahawk Build, Part 12, Fin Plates

I probably could have sanded and shot the black root edges again but thought I'd take the easier way out.

Most of the root edges will be covered by a fin plate decal so it doesn't have to be perfect.
I used a fine point Sharpie right down the root edge fillet. It took a few passes to get a dark black to match the paint coat.



Here's the decal of the fin plate from the kit. It was inkjet printed on white decal paper.

My only concern is sometimes the white backed decal paper isn't as opaque as I'd like. The paint color underneath the decal can show through.



To check how dense the white paper decal was I cut off a corner and transferred it onto the model.

Over the red fin you can see it's a bit pink.
While these decals are usable and would look good, I wanted to try an upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment