Friday, April 3, 2020

Estes Lunar Scout #7290 Build, Part 9, Lining It Up & Radar Dish




The original face card picture shows the upper red rib of the fin through the gold triangle piece. This isn't necessary as the decal will cover up the red line.
If I knew at the time, I would have filled this slot and the indentation wouldn't have shown through the decal.





The radar dish and short launch lug antenna are glued onto the widest "I" piece with the tab at the bottom.

Previously, I filled the seams in the launch lug.




The rocket looks good even without the decals.
Those will be placed in the next post.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Chris!:

    That's turning out SLICK! What gold spray paint are you using on it?

    Sincerely,
    J.W. Hall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J.W.,
      The gold is Rusto Specialty Metallic Gold, #1910830. On the card stock and tube pieces, the gold is not as vibrant as on the spray can cap. Still better than some others I've seen.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Chris! I'll try and get some! I bought Rusto Metallic Warm Gold for my Payloader II going to give it some test shots to see how it looks.

      Sincerely,
      J.W. Hall

      Delete
  2. Yup, another awesome build! And a lot bigger than I imagined, looking at the last photo. I Wonder when we will see these in the U.K?! I live in hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Astron 100,
      The Lunar Scout isn't tall, the span of the fins is wide though -

      Delete