Sunday, April 19, 2020

Estes MRN Orbital Transport Laboratory Build, Part 14, Decals, Trim & Touch-ups


Here's how the decals were set, the USA was centered between two fins on opposite sides.

The available decal sheet has black horizontal stripes. While they could work fine, I used something different.





I pulled out my sheet of Contact Paper, Blackboard Material.

Strips were cut, wrapped and trimmed on the top and bottom of the American flag decals.





A little of the body tube edge was showing up between the black nose cone and black trim strip.

On the left is the before, the right picture is after the touch-up.






Some black marker was run around the tube edge hiding the white paint line.
One of my home print decal transfers ended up spotty. You can see some white showing through on the red square.

This doesn't always work - but I did some touch-ups with a red permanent marker. I lucked out this time and didn't have to print and use up another decal sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment