Friday, October 9, 2020

Estes Laser Lance #3218, Finished


This is a pretty good sized model, a great value when found on clearance at Hobby Lobby.
I wonder how long the fins will hold up after a few rough landings.



Here's the low end, a very clean look.

Well, I have to stack these pictures. The new blog format won't allow me to place them side by side.


. . . the big payload section.
The adapter was glued into the BT-60 tube with Beacon Fabri-Tac.
The nose cone was friction fitted with masking tape.

2 comments:

  1. I’ve had one of the “pop out” fin break but if I remember right it was on a hard landing when the chute was hung up and didn’t deploy. Otherwise a sturdy rocket that I built early on as a BAR - used it for my first flight with an altimeter - now semiretired, it turned out so nice I’d hate to lose it.

    ReplyDelete