Thursday, October 22, 2020

Estes Starliner #0863 Build, Part 5, Fin Fitting



My fins were hand cut from 1/16" balsa.

I used the corner of my metal ruler to be sure the inside angle was at 90 degrees.


The illustration from the old instruction sheet shows how the wing and intake sides are glued up.

Double check the rudders and engine sides to be sure of the front angle orientation. You should have two assemblies a mirror image of each other. 



I slide a scrap piece of 1/16" thick balsa into the slot to be sure the spacing was correct. Remove the scrap so it doesn't get glued into the slot.



Here's the two rudder and engine side pieces glued up. Like I mentioned, be sure the side pieces have that front angle correct.

1 comment:

  1. The post after this one blanks out after a moment after you open it.

    ReplyDelete