Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Rocketarium Hydra Sandhawk Build Part 19, Gold Mask and Paint



The fin mounting attachments would normally be glued on before painting. It would be very hard to mask around the attachments.

I'll simply glue them on after the gold is sprayed.

Here's the mask for the gold.



I'm using a Q-tip again to soft burnish the Scotch tape masks along the root edges.

The tan plastic wrap are cut up grocery bags.





The first try was an old can of gold Krylon.
I had bad masks on half of the taped edges. It didn't release at the tape edge like the Rustoleum 2X I was used to. The paint seemed to rip and pull as the tape was pulled up.

I had to sand off the ridge and respray with a new can of Rustoleum 2X gold. This second try gave me a much better clean line.

No comments:

Post a Comment