Monday, December 7, 2015

Batmissile on Ebay and other Older Bats

Goodrocks sells some vintage kits on Ebay. This one I found interesting.
You can almost hear Adam West saying: "Robin, fire the Bat-missile!"

I like this one because of the TV Batman logo use on the fins. It looks like the art is simply a paper print glued onto the fins and body tube.





Those fins are thick, probably 1/8".
To see the listing, CLICK HERE



Here's an older OOP kit from Estes, The Bat.
This one built by John Bergsmith.
The review is on RocketReviews.com, CLICK HERE

I always throught this one was a little creepy. It does have the across the fins, wrap around art like the Batmissle above.












Here's my Semroc Batroc based on the old Centuri kit.
I painted this one to look like the TV show Batman costume.
It's even got a (high placed) yellow utility belt.


I haven't forgot the more recent Estes Hyper Bat.
It's two-stage, sleek and BLACK.
The facing fins make up a more current Batman logo.

Here's an short video showing the evolution of the Batman logo, CLICK HERE

2 comments:

  1. There's also the Binder Design Bat (http://binderdesign.com/store/page2.html - scroll down)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rich,
      You are right! I have seen that one in the past but I don't do (or can't afford) High Power!

      Delete