Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Estes Klingon Battle Cruiser, #1274, Build Part 7, More Details


Two small detail pieces go on the underside of the primary hull.
Why these couldn't have been made on the vacu-form sheet is beyond me. Check out the sanded "diamond " shape.





I'll give it a try anyway.
Punch out the card stock pieces and glue them to some scrap balsa.






The balsa tops were sanded down to 1/16" high.
The sides were tapered. These pieces are small, very hard to get to the shape shown in the instructions.





The hanger side pieces are glued to the flat piece off the vacu-form sheet you saved from the first step.
Plastic cement was brushed along the edges. After drying the edges will be sanded smooth.

2 comments:

  1. This was a fun build and believe it or not it was easier than the Enterprise.
    http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=4653&page=1&pp=10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David,
      Thanks for the link, I checked out your build - as always, your work is very clean!
      I built the Enterprise when it was first released. I hated the "probe" tube out the front. Flown once and retired. I'll take your word for it, I don't remember the Klingon being easier than the Enterprise.
      Vacu-form parts always have issues. I like a good challenge - we'll see!

      Delete