Monday, March 25, 2019

Custom SLV Build #10044, Part 10, Masking Fins & Dowel Trim




All six fins are masked and painted gloss black.

Even though the fin leading edges were left square, I still do a diagonal mask over the top corner tips. On the left there is one diagonal corner masked off. I've yet to add the second piece on the lower side. This just leaves off the corner ticks.
I thought the dowels would be too hard to paint with a brush after they were glued on, centered at the two BT-20 body tube joint. I painted them  black earlier.
I only used six of the eight dowels.

A strip of masking tape was rolled on for low end positioning. A pencil line was drawn and the paint carefully scraped for best glue adhesion.



The dowels were glued on and in line with the six fins.

Just like the stick on decals cover up the shrouds,  the dowels visually camouflage the body tube seam joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment