Saturday, June 15, 2019

What's Going On With The Blog?

I feel like I'm falling behind!
In the past I've tried to handle the posts like a professional cartoonist would. they keep a large backlog of comic strips ready. If there is a vacation, sickness or family emergency, the new strips still have to be published daily.

Presently I'm building a few models for Estes. That takes some time away from my regular blog builds. I hope to feature the new Estes kits on the blog - but can only post them after they are released for sale.
I also have a Semroc Andromeda build in draft form. I also drew up the  instructions for the upcoming kit. Those blog drafts sit in limbo until the kit is released.

So if there is a just a single post in a day - bear with me!

7 comments:

  1. I have been wondering what happened to the Semroc Andromeda? I built one as a kid, did not last even 1 flight as the BT-20 body tube just collapsed. Still a cool looking rocket. I would guess the Semroc version to be better ST-7/ST-9 tubing. BTW nothing wrong with having too much work!

    Cheers,

    Philip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that the decals are slowing up the kit release. The rocket is a overall black and needs white ink in the decals.
      In the 1970s Andromeda bent in two places during boost and pinwheeled! Going with the ST-7 tubing is a smart move.

      Delete
  2. Take your time, Chris. The information and tips you share in your posts are worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lonnie,
      A few (new Estes) finished models and not able to post them! At one time I had over 100 posts in draft form, now I'm down to about 10!

      Delete
  3. Not a problem. Although I'm building my Saturn V along with you, I'm a bit behind the blog and need to catch up. I'm happy for you that you have such a cool job and I'm sure everyone here understands that paying jobs keep the lights on. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,
      It's good to hear there are people building the Saturn V along with me. This new version has had some "bumps" but the many improvements have been good. It's surprising to see how many changes there have been in the 1/100 scale size over 50 years.

      Delete
  4. Long time reader and enjoyer of the blog. Don't worry about anything. Put the posts out when you can and everybody will enjoy them whether it's one a day or more.

    ReplyDelete