Sunday, September 29, 2019

Estes Solo #7288 Build, Part 4, Gluing Things Up

TIP: I've brought this up before -
Beacon Fabri-Tac glue is great for some rocketry applications. Brush-on liquid plastic cement dries too quickly for some things. This Fabri-Tac glue gives you a little more working time. You can find the Fabri-Tac glue at fabric stores and Hobby Lobby.

Be ready - it can be messy. Just like the old plastic cement from a tube, you'll see strings of glue when you pull the tube away from the applied area. It is thick and can fill some gaps.

Here I used it to glue the shoulder cap onto the nose cone.


It's great for Kraft tube and plastic joints.

Gluing plastic adapters to body tubes, gluing plastic boat tails to body tubes and gluing fin cans like this into body tubes.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree about Fabri-Tac. I'm reusing a couple of old 2-piece nose cones from my stash but when I tested the strength of the old glue on the shoulder caps they popped right off. I cleaned off the old glue residue and re-glued with Fabri-Tac and now they are RIGID.

    ReplyDelete