Friday, June 12, 2020

ASP MMX Micro Corporal Build, Part 1, Parts

In 2014, I built the 18mm Corporal from Aerospace Specialty Products (A.S.P.)
I was very impressed by the fit and finish of the parts, especially the fit of the vinyl cut roll pattern. I understand the vinyl has been replaced with a water slide decal.

I was interested when I saw a Micro Maxx version of the Corporal was available. I understand ASP has more MMX kits on the way!



Here's all the parts! 
No balsa or basswood on these little rockets. The fins and tunnel details are cut from plastic. The body tubes are small diameter Kraft tubing

Parts of interest:
On the left is the fin material. It looks small but there is plenty for the four triangular fins.
To the immediate right is the half round plastic tunnel material.
The nose cone looks to be 3D printed. The nose weight is a split lead shot piece. Below that is the plastic launch lug.
On the far right is the water slide decal sheet.

2 comments:

  1. I really like ASP MMX kits, Semroc, too. I'm going to get the Jayhawk and Hawk soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve,
      The ASP MMX kits are certainly heavy duty. The new version of the Jayhawk has white areas in the stars and bars decals. The older kit was an all black decal. That Hawk kit is tiny! Only 4" tall. What's your email? I have some Estes parachute info for you.

      Delete