Thursday, June 30, 2022

Dean Henson's Centuri Bulldog





From the Model Rocket Fanatics page, 
Dean Henson Posted:

"I’ve just completed my scratch-built Bulldog AGM 83 A and I thought some may enjoy seeing it. It’s a clone of an old Centuri kit that you don’t see very often. I did take liberties in creating an “eye” for the missile, so not wholly “as-in-reality,” but pretty cool in my estimation, nonetheless. I hope that you’ll still find it interesting!"







Here's the first listing from the 1982 Centuri catalog:

By the early 1980s, newer Centuri designs were using Estes parts. This rocket had a diameter of 2.217" or a BT-70. Quite a large model to use 18mm motors.





Check out the lens set into the nose cone! That wasn't part of the original kit - 
The Centuri kit nose cone had an extension card stock shroud like some of the Launch Pad kits.

To see the Centuri kit instructions, go to Jim Zs:

No comments:

Post a Comment