Wednesday, June 8, 2022

New Way Boxie Birdie, Build Part 1, Parts

Thanks to Rick Randall of New Way Rockets!
I inquired about some short square tubing for an upcoming project. Rick sent me a few kits to try!
I've sent him some Odd'l Rockets stuff.

Of course I was interested in the Boxie Birdie! I've been producing Odd'l Rockets Birdie kits for years.

Like many of the other New Way kits, the Boxie Birdie is square.
Most all the parts are cleanly laser cut cardstock.
The engine mount tube is round to fit 13mm motors.
The launch lug is square
Two Q-tips are included to help with glue application.


Here's that square launch lug
Pre-cut red vinyl is supplied for color trim, no masking needed!
Four, small water slide decals of logo and model names.

1 comment:

  1. Something's in the air (and it seems to be square). We had two of these show up at the launch, two weeks ago. I'd have been surprised to see a single one.

    I love Rick's dedication to the whole "square thing", right down to making a square hole for the peg hook in the header card.

    ReplyDelete