Thursday, June 2, 2022

Estes Blue Origin New Shepard #7315 Build, Part 3, Engine Mount

I won't be able to finish up this blog build. 
Estes is working on a stability issue with the Blue Origin, New Shepard. I'm sure they will be rereleasing this kit when the concerns are worked out.
Here's the last build post - for now.

 


The centering rings are laser cut. 

The fit was too tight around the BT-20 motor mount tube and a little loose in the BT-60 main airframe tube.

I wrapped some400 grit around my finger to widen the inside hole a bit.


There was an engine hook notch cut in one of the rings. I place that notched ring at the bottom where no ejection charge could escape.

The lower ring spacing is set by sliding on the tail cone and pressing the inside of the engine retainer over the BT-20 tube.

The lower ring ends up about 1 1/32" from the bottom edge of the tube.
But - use the tail cone and retainer ring to set the distance.








Here's the finished mount, the tail cone and retainer aren't glued on yet.

There is a green engine block even with the top of the engine tube.

2 comments:

  1. I'd keep it--if Estes recalled it, it'll be highly collectable at some point in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,
      No collectables here! I had two and was about halfway through the builds.

      Delete