Monday, June 27, 2022

Rob Caswell's Jetliner

I've shown Rob Caswell's work before! This is a great kitbash of the Estes Jetliner.
It reminds me a little of the Shrox Lexxjet.


"I still need to throw a final clear coat on, but otherwise my modified Jetliner is done. I really should think up a new name for it, since 90% of the Jetliner’s parts were replaced and/or rekajiggered. And yes, it’s highly inspired by the Honda HA-420. Decals are my own creation… and “RADSA” is the “Rob and Deb Space Agency”: our own logo and name for our collective flying model works."




"Based on reviews I read, I upgraded the Estes Jetliner design from a 13mm to 18mm design as many had complained it was underpowered. In its one test flight, with a B6-4, it flew rock solid."







Here's how the original Estes kit looked - 
I like Rob's version better! Custom decals, details and an upgrade to 18mm motors.

3 comments:

  1. Hrm... Similar sort of modifications can be made to make a caricature of a Boeng 727

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. speaking of Boeing 727: https://www.gozerog.com/the-zero-g-experience/

      Delete