Sunday, January 29, 2012

Epoxy Fillet Tutorial by Crazy Jim

Wouldn't you know it, right as I'm trying to get a hold on epoxy techniques, Crazy Jim is doing epoxy fillets on one of his Wildman Space Cowboy rockets on TRF.

The Space Cowboy is a 54mm minimum diameter rocket.
"With medium sized 38 & small 2 grain 54 motors it will reach altitudes over 8,000ft..[with rail buttons!] With large 54's 20,000 ft. + altitudes, are easily attained. [with tower]"

Check it the tutorial HERE

Granted, this is not the kraft tube and basswood style model I'm working on. But a few of his techniques could have been used on my Scavenger build.

I was interested in posts 9 where he marks the fillet edge positions with a Sharpie pen and his smoothing tool, a short piece of PVC pipe.

This is the technique I'll try the next time I do epoxy fillets. It'll make for better placement of the masking tape dams and lessen any clean-up of the epoxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment